MSBS HOME PAGE
This organization shall be known as the Maine State Button Society.
The purpose of this Society shall be to promote the study and appreciation of buttons and to develop fellowship among button collectors.
- Sec. i Active members of this Society shall be persons interested in the button hobby and who belong to a formally organized club.
- Sec. ii Associate members shall be persons not belonging to a formally organized club and shall not have the privilege of voting or holding office.
- Sec. iii Life membership may be conferred upon any person by unanimous vote of the members at the annual meeting.
- Sec. i The officers of this Society shall consist of a President, Vice President, Recording/Corresponding Secretary, and Treasuer.
- Sec. ii These officers and three directors shall constitute the Executive Board and shall serve until their successors shall be elected or appointed.
- Sec. iii One director and one alternate shall be appointed yearly by each club. In the event that a director is absent from a meeting , it is the responsibility of the alternate to be present and shall have voting privileges.
- Sec. i There shall be no less than three regular meetings a year. The fall meeting shall be the annual meeting and shall be rotated among the hostess clubs. Special meetings of the Society and/or of the Executive Board may be called by the President.
- Sec. ii The meetings of the Society shall be held on the third Wednesday of April, July, and October.
This constitution may be amended by a two-thirds majority of the active members present and voting at any meeting, provided that notice of the proposed amendment or amendments has been read at the previous meeting.