Paste
MAINE STATE BUTTON SOCIETY

Brass MSBS Button from 1946

Black Glass with Siver Luster
GO TO


MSBS HOME PAGE

MSBS OFFICERS

MSBS BY-LAWS

MSBS CONSTITUTION

CALENDAR
MSBS HISTORY


Button collectors and dealers from all corners of Maine and New England gathered in Springvale, Maine, on Saturday, July 30, 2005, for the annual meeting and show of the new Maine State Button Society. The show was open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the First Baptist Church, 429 Main Street, Springvale, Maine. Ancient, antique, exotic, military, Oriental, and modern buttons were on exhibit and for sale. Admission to the meeting, show, and sale was free and open to the public.

The original Maine State Button Society was founded in 1946 and membership flourished over the years. Several hundred active collectors formed the society, which included a number of local independent clubs. At its height, the society was the largest of its kind in the United States. It was disbanded in 1990.

Today four Maine button clubs remain active: the Tri-county Button Club in Belfast, the Friendship Button Club in Bridgton, the York County Button Club in Sanford, and the Waterville-Oakland Button Club. The four clubs remain independent; however, as a result of the increased interest in button collecting, they have agreed to form a parent organization: the newly reorganized Maine State Button Society. The official state society will allow Maine to be represented and have a voice at the New England Regional Button Association meetings.